Manzanita Village is a cohousing community centrally located in beautiful Prescott, Arizona. The community overlooks the city of Prescott, with views of Thumb Butte and Granite Mountain. The small town lifestyle is ideal for working from home, telecommuting, or retirement.
To sustain and promote a thriving, cohousing community in Prescott, Arizona, whose members develop and participate in an inter-generational, intentional community which nurtures creativity, neighborliness, collaboration, consensus governance, environmental stewardship and global awareness.
The members of MVCC individually and collectively commit to the realization of our vision by:
- Sharing in the governance of the village, using consensus as our primary decision-making process recognizing that the wisdom of the whole is greater than that of us individually.
- Sharing in the work of the community, contributing our time, talent and effort in committees and work groups.
- Being reliable members who can be counted on to step forward to take responsibility and to follow through on our commitments.
- Being good stewards of our community resources including our economic, ecological and human resources.
- Respecting and celebrating our differences in age, beliefs, backgrounds, sexual orientation and physical abilities.
- Being good neighbors developing a mutually supportive environment that encourages interaction while honoring each person’s privacy.
- Developing a culture of community and individual self-care that encourages the health, safety and well-being of each of our members and the community as a whole.
- Engaging actively in the life of the Prescott community and beyond, as we live our creatively collaborative values in the wider world.